Cleaning the house is such a difficult task especially when you have kids to drop off to school, and got an office to go to. Sometimes it can be difficult to fit it house cleaning into your schedule. Back in the days being able to hire a house cleaning service was considered a luxury. Things have changed now.
Hiring a maid service or cleaning service can save you a lot of time and you will have a sparkling clean home in front of your eyes. when you are working women taking care of home get a little difficult. Is the question ‘which is the best house cleaner hiring near me’ keeps running in your head? There might be many cleaning service hiring options available near your place but which one to choose is a trick question. You need to do some extensive research and identify what are your needs before calling the cleaning service company.
Letting in a stranger can seem a little scary but cleaning service companies make sure to do a background check of their staff to avoid any problems in the future. Here are ten things to consider if you want to know how to hire home cleaning company?
So, here are ten things you should consider when you’re looking to hire a cleaning service company.
- Ask Friends and Family for Referrals- you can your friends and family for referrals if they use cleaning service. Get an insight into the company’s actual work and don’t just believe everything they say on their website. Many times’ website creates an amazing picture of the company but asking the people for their actual reviews will help you a lot.
- Read online reviews of other customers- check for any bad experience review on the official website of the company. People who have an awful experience will always make sure to post their reviews. Some people may fake reviews to harm the company’s reputation. If you see many positive and just a few negative reviews then the company can be considered, after all not everything can be perfect. But if there are too many negative words about the company, then it’s a red flag.
- Insurance, Bonding, Workers Compensation- make sure to check whether the company provides insurance facility to cover for any damage or theft done at your house. If not, then there is a high risk of theft, injury and property damaged. A company should cover all this and make sure to take one copy of the document. However, the charges might be high for the service but you will be stress-free. You can’t just trust anyone.
- Affiliation, Accreditations, and Experience- Check for how long has been the company into this business and their accreditations, etc. A company with a good reputation and experience will be more trustworthy. Check for the company’s credibility in the market.
- Services provided- ask if they offer a fixed service or can modify as per your needs. Ensure will you be offered the same services on every visit irrespective of what chores you need to get done. Find a company that best suits your needs and meets your requirements. As everything in detail about the list of services, they provide and if there are extra charges for add on services.
- Guaranteed Satisfaction- a company should always be accountable for good and bad work. They should offer a full-service guarantee. In case you are not happy with their work, they should make sure to reimburse or do the work again properly. The cleaning service company should be responsive to the customer’s needs and ready to fix anything. Find out about the companies’ policy that they will offer in case you are not satisfied with their work.
- Contract Workers or Employees- do not forget to check if the companies staff is a permanent employee or contract worker. Contract workers are usually cheap availability and are not skillfully trained. A company does little to no work in hiring contract workers. An employee is like an investment for the company, which means that employees are accountable to the company for everything.
- Background Check- you would want to know who is coming into your house. No one would want a complete stranger to walk inside the house. You have the most valuable things kept in your house. It is important to check with the house cleaning company about their staff, their hiring procedure if they background check on their staff. These questions are important to build trust with the company as well as the cleaner.
- Cleaning supplies- Some companies provide a set of cleaning kits to their staff to keep the customer stress free. But every house has its own needs, some house has pets and the kit is being used in different houses. It is better to provide your own tools at home to minimize spreading cross-contamination.
- Terms of service- Ask for their terms and policies for charging service fees, you would not want to be charged by a surprise fee. Some companies charge cancellation fees as well because the company has to cover the loss of rescheduling the cleaner at the last minute.
Some Questions to ask before hiring a house cleaner?
- For how long has the company been in this business?
- Ask if they have received awards or any recognition?
- What is the tipping protocol?
- How long will it take to clean the house?
- Ask about the service charges?
- Ask about the hiring process of the staff?
- What cleaning products they use?
- How will they access the home?
- Is the company insured?
- Do they conduct background checks?
- Do they have workers’ compensation?
- Will they bring their own cleaning equipment and supplies?
- What is the company’s policy for maintaining quality services?
- Do the staff members have training and certification?
- Do they conduct a training program for the staff?
- What will happen if you find the work unsatisfactory?
- How does the company handle key control?
- What will they do in case of theft and property damage?
- Will the company provide insurance cover for any damage?