Feeding your toddler healthy food is a task. With the growing age, toddlers start becoming picky. Finding healthy snacks and foods for picky toddlers is not that easy. A balanced diet for toddlers should include proteins, vegetables, fruits, whole grains, and healthy dairy. Feeding packaged snacks to toddlers is not a great idea. These packaged foods are full of sugar and artificial food coloring and other ingredients. Sneaking healthy snacks for your toddler’s food is a great way of including healthy foods in their diet. Here is a list of healthy snacks and the best foods for toddlers, which are full of nutrition and filling.
Healthy snacks and healthy foods for picky toddlers:-
- Nuts – nuts are rich in fiber, antioxidants, and healthy fats. Including Nuts to make a balanced diet for toddlers will help a lot in their growth. Nuts involve a risk of choking. To avoid the choking hazard, you can ground the nuts or crush them into smaller bits and pieces. This way, it will be easy for your toddlers to consume nuts. Nuts make the best healthy snack for the toddlers.
- Banana- banana is rich in potassium and other minerals and vitamins like vitamins A, B12, B6. Kids run a high risk of suffering from Hypokalemia, a condition caused due to deficiency of potassium, consuming banana benefits in preventing potassium deficiency, and minimize the risk of Hypokalemia. If your toddler is not comfortable with consuming banana directly, smash banana into pancake batter to make banana pancakes or feed them by mashing bananas into curd. Banana pancake is the best foods for toddlers, and they are super delicious and will also be loved by your picky toddler.
- Fruit smoothie- fruit smoothies are packed with nutrients and make a filling and healthy snack for toddlers. Smoothies have natural fruit sweetness. Avoid packed fruit juices; they have added sugar, which is unhealthy for kids.
- smoothie recipe2 cups chopped mango
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 cup almond milk or whole milk
- One tablespoon honey(if required)
- Blend all the ingredients until they are smooth and it ready. You can try making a smoothie of different fruits and vegetables.
- Yogurt- Yogurt is a great source of calcium and protein. Calcium is very important for growing kids to make their boner stronger. Yogurt contains healthy bacteria that are good for the stomach and aid digestion. Flavored yogurts are packed with artificial sweeteners’ and added sugars. Take plain yogurt and add chopped fruits and drizzle some honey on top. Avoid honey for less than a one-year-old kid.
- Oatmeal– Oatmeal makes not only a great breakfast food but also a healthy snack for toddlers. Oatmeal is a must-have in a balanced diet for toddlers. Oatmeal is rich in soluble fiber and carbs. Oatmeal provides a regular flow of energy throughout the day. Your kid will feel charged up all day. Avoid packed oats and make your own oatmeal. Make oatmeal in milk to add extra protein and add a tiny bit of cinnamon and apples or any other fruit for adding flavor.
- Sweet potato- Sweet potatoes are a rich source of beta-carotene. Beta carotene can be converted into Vitamin A by our bodies. Sweet potato is good for skin and eyes. Switch the regular French fries with sweet potato fries.
Sweet Potato fries:– 1 sweet potato, one teaspoon olive oil, and sea salt. Toss sweet potato fries with olive oil and sprinkle some salt. Bake them for 20 minutes at 220 degrees C.
- Carrot and Hummus- Carrots are rich in vitamins, protein, and immunity-boosting antioxidants. Carrots are great for teeth and gum health in growing kids. Hummus is rich in protein and antioxidants and will provide the energy the whole day. Carrots and hummus make a healthy snack for toddlers. Just like adults, kids also love side dips, and hummus is a healthy dip option to eat along with carrots and other raw vegetables. This healthy food idea for picky toddlers always works. They will be drawn to the thick creamy hummus texture.
It is essential to keep a check on the diet of a growing kid. A healthy balanced diet for toddlers means stronger bones and immunity. Avoid feeding packed or canned foods to kids and include healthy foods in their diet. Above mentioned, healthy food ideas for toddlers are great snack options for your picky eaters.
Read more:- Try out these vegetarian soup recipe for kids.