Jaggery is made by extracting the concentrated juice of sugarcane. It is better to consume Jaggery than sugar. Jaggery has many health benefits, benefits for skin, and hair. A three-step process is followed to get the final product.
Extraction– Machines are used to press sugarcane to extract every bit of the juices out of them.
Clarification– The juice is strained to get rid of all the sediments and residues and boiled to form thick crystals
Concentration– The juice is then boiled and is stirred until it forms a thick yellow paste. The paste is transferred to molds and allowed to cool. This cooled product is the Jaggery.
Let’s learn about the health benefits of Consuming Jaggery:
· Body heat– Jaggery’s potency is hot, that is why people prefer to consume it in winters. When the temperature goes down, Jaggery helps to keep the body temperature warm. Jaggery dilates the blood vessels, improving the blood flow.
- Immunity Booster- Jaggery is a rich source of antioxidants and helps in fighting against infections and diseases. Jaggery makes the immune system stronger and also increases the hemoglobin level in the body.
- Prevents Constipation- Jaggery improves gut health and activates the enzymes responsible for digestion. Jaggery is often consumed after meals for better digestion of food and prevents constipation.
- Provides Essential Nutrients– Jaggery is loaded with nutrients like zinc, iron, phosphorus, potassium, and many more. This nutritional benefit of Jaggery makes this seasonal delight a must include in every diet.
- Blood purifier– Jaggery is claimed to have many health benefits, and cleansing and purifying blood is one of them. Jaggery also prevents anemia by regulating the number of red blood cells.
- Easing menstrual pain– Jaggery is a good friend when it comes to saving you from the horrifying menstrual pain. Jaggery releases endorphins, which help in relaxing the mind and body. It is a natural menstrual problem treatment. Jaggery will also help when you have sudden mood swings. Taking medicine to ease the pain should be avoided during this time.
- Prevents respiratory problems– Regular consumption of Jaggery in moderate amounts will prevent respiratory problems like bronchitis, asthma, sinus. Eating sesame seeds and Jaggery together is great medicine for respiratory problems.
- Detoxifies liver & controls blood pressure– Jaggery is a good source of potassium and sodium, which helps in regulating the blood pressure. One more health benefits of consuming Jaggery is that It detoxifies the liver. It helps in flushing out the toxins out of the body.
Benefits Of Jaggery For Skin and Hair
- Prevents acne– Jaggery helps in preventing skin problems such as acne, pimples, and blemishes. It purifies the blood and flushes out toxins from the body.
- Minimizes signs of aging– Consuming Jaggery helps in minimizing the signs of aging, such as wrinkles, fine lines, and dark spots.
- Glowing skin– Jaggery is rich in essential vitamins and nutrients which help in hydrating the skin. It helps in nourishing the skin and gives a glowing skin.
- Reduces pigmentation– Jaggery, when mixed with turmeric tomato juice and lemon drops, helps in getting rid of pigmentation from the face and clears the skin.
- Softens the skin– Jaggery helps in making the skin soft and smooth. Mix 1 tbsp. Jaggery with 2tbsp. Honey and few lemon drops. Apply it on the face and wash it after 15 minutes with cold water.
- Prevents Hair fall– Jaggery is a rich source of iron. Iron helps in preventing hair fall. It also promotes hair growth — mixe Jaggery with the guava to make an amazing hair growth hair mask.
- Nourishes the hair– Jaggery, when mixed with Multani-mitti, makes for a great hair mask. This mask, if used on a regular basis, will make the hair soft and shiny.
Benefits Of Jaggery For Weight Loss
- Reduces Water Retention- Jaggery has zinc and potassium in high amounts, which maintains the electrolyte balance of the human body. This helps in the retention of water.
- Improves Metabolism- Jaggery has potassium, which helps in increasing the metabolism rate. A good metabolism helps in burning calories much faster.
Are you a diabetic patient? Learn about some of the great benefits of consuming flaxseed oil for Diabetes.