The human brain is said to be the most intelligent thing created by God. It responds to anything within a fraction of second. High-level intelligence has helped man to triumph over all the hindrances in the path of development. From the invention of fire to running the entire globe on multitasking machines, every innovation of man has made his life luxurious. One-click, and your job is done. This is the era where nature is being dominated by man; nature runs on the will of man, gone are the times when humans used to work on the dictates of nature. Our so intelligent mind and our beautiful soul need to be respected and caressed correctly.
What does all this symbolize? The society man formed by framing his own rules by using his own intelligence failed to make his heart joyful? This new and freeman is running the world, changing the scenario, converting the ‘GLOBE’ into a ‘GLOBAL WORLD’ but when he is asked about his own body, his own mind; he is often speechless because all he knows about himself is that he is suffering from anxiety and lament situations. And, by this, we can clearly say that though man is controlling the world, he is unable to control his own senses. He overthinks on situations, even the easiest of issues. He fails to control is mind because this artificially made world is not fit for his soul. To live happily, one should have a healthy mind, and it is possible only when a human is relieved from all kinds of mental pressure and stress. A wise man always knows what is right and preferable for his body, so he tries his best to maintain aloofness from the evils of depression.
Man must be healthy by the mind to ensure proper physical and mental growth. In this busy world where every human is indulged in the rat race of earning more and more, trying to prove himself superior to the other, overburdened by responsibilities, often ends up getting trapped by anxiety and depression. And, as soon as such a state comes, all we can think of is the ways to overcome depression. Though depression is hard to fight with, and as we are blessed with the beautiful gift of nature by the Almighty, we have the capability to find a solution to every single problem. So to get rid of this muddle, namely ‘DEPRESSION,’ which is so commonly found in today’s youth nature, provide us with the best of supplements for depression.
Green leafy vegetables, namely Spinach, Kale, Swiss chard, Broccoli, have highly enriched with nutrients. These nutrients are beneficial as they act against all kinds of inflammation, and they make the body resistible towards the formation of precancerous and cancerous. In general, all the green vegetables include vitamins A, C, E, and K, and then these green vegetables are also rich in minerals, which keeps the body balanced against all kinds of unnecessary cell formation. Recent studies and experiments were done by scientists show that vitamin C has turned into one of the supplements for depression. If you’re still thinking of ways to get rid of depression, then start consuming fruits like strawberries, guavas, kiwis, papayas are a good source of vitamin C.
- When talking of berries, stop thinking of how to fight depression. Almost all kinds of berries be it blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, strawberries they act as cell repairing antioxidants. Amongst all the fruits, berries are known to be the most antioxidant, and as stated above, they contain a high content of vitamin C. People who put berries in their diet plan tend to have lower depression scores.
- Avocado is one of the ways to get rid of depression. The sugar content in avocado is lower than other fruits and is rich in fiber, containing near about 11 grams of fiber in each. The calories in avocado are from fats, mostly monounsaturated fat in the form of oleic acid. This is a powerful fruit needed to run the brain smoothly.
- Thinking of how to fight depression? Then, focus on in-taking mushrooms. Mushrooms are beneficial in maintaining mental health. They help the human body by opposing insulin, which in turn is very helpful in lowering blood pressure. The controlled rate of blood pressure keeps the human’s mind fit and healthy.
- After berries, apples are also known for being antioxidants. Being an antioxidant, apple comes under one of the ways to overcome depression as it helps in repairing inflammation on the cells. Enriched with fiber, they play a vital role in maintaining blood sugar.
- Seeds having high content omega-3s, which helps to boost up our mood. We all are attracted to yummy and delicious food, so if any time you feel like having some kind of junk, then better have seeds as your starter. Seeds are enriched with fiber. Some types of seeds having rich content of omega-3 fatty acids are flaxseeds, hemp seeds, chia seeds; these seeds will keep your mood good.
- Next in the list we have are onions, yes for some people, it is hard to believe that onions can also help us to get relieved from depression. Still, this fact is actually that if a person eats onions and allium vegetables (spring onions, leeks, garlic), then they are lowering the risk of cancer in their body, and these vegetables also help in improving digestive tract. If food is capable of lowering the risk of cancer, then there is no doubt it will surely help us to keep our mood joyous.
- Tomatoes are said to be depression fighters as they contain lots of folic acids and alpha-lipoic acid. Deficiency in any of the two can be a cause of depression. Alpha-lipoic is also helpful in converting energy into glucose.
- Green tea is also a kind of depression fighter as it contains an amino acid, also known as theanine. Theanine work as any anti-stress reliever.
- Turmeric is also known as the ‘spice of life,’ helps us in boosting our mood. It contains active compounds such as curcuminoids, which is very helpful for good health. It is filled with inflammatory activities.
- Yet other food habits which can help us to cure depression can involve a good amount of whole grains daily as they have special carbohydrates, which improve our mood. Yogurt and cheese are rich in Vitamin-D, which keeps our mood relaxed. For non-vegetarians, a diet plan including turkey and fatty fish like bluefish, Luna helps in fighting depression and boosting brain activities.
The above-given food habits, if followed properly, can help us in fighting depression that, too, without any help from doctors or medicines. Our mind is a wonderful machine, and it is our duty to take care of it without making it indulge in useless affairs. We should try to keep ourselves surrounded by positive vibes. Every person has different capabilities; we shouldn’t compare ourselves with others as comparison often leads us towards depression. Focus and work hard on what so every opportunity is given to us by our Lord. Stay happy, stay fit.