What are Blemishes?
Blemishes are one of the most common skin problems nowadays. Blemish are the spots, marks, and discoloration on the face. Blemishes are not very sight full to look at. There are different types of skin blemishes that we have discussed below. If you also have some kind of blemishes on the face, then this article will be helpful for you. We have mentioned some home remedies to remove blemishes fast and Causes of blemishes. Try these home remedies for skin blemishes and get clear and glowing skin.
Causes of Blemishes
- Hormonal Imbalance– People face acne and breakouts problem due to Hormone fluctuations. These acne marks turn into face blemishes. Hormone imbalance occurs when the body starts producing excess androgens, which causes acne. Hormonal changes mostly occur during the menstrual cycle, pregnancy, and menopause.
- Sun Exposure– Constant exposure to sun and UV rays without using sun protection is also one of the causes of blemishes. Sun exposure causes extra production of melanin, which causes tanning and dark spots on the face. Sun exposure also causes early signs of aging, blotches, and blemishes.
- Unhealthy diet– consuming too much oily and fried foods or dairy products leads to excess sebum production, which causes acne and pimples. It is important to eat healthy food.
- Bacterial infections– Bacterial infections and viral infections such as pox and cold sores leave behind marks and spots after treatments, and it takes time to fade away.
- Stress– overstressing about things affects mental as well as physical health. Stress is also a major factor of acne, which means more blemishes.
- Genetics- some people have inherited tendencies to get more scars, acne, and blemishes.
Types of Skin Blemishes
- Melasma spots
- Age spots
How to get rid of Blemishes? Home Remedies for blemishes
- Cocoa Butter– Cocoa is rich in antioxidants that hydrate the skin and keep it soft and nourished. It also has anti-inflammatory properties; with continual use, it can fade the blemishes from the skin.
- To Use– apply organic cocoa butter on the affected area of the skin and leave it overnight. Repeat this every night before going to bed, and you will start noticing a difference in a month.
- Egg whites– Eggs are known to work wonders for the skin. It helps in tightening the skin and lightens the scars and blemishes.
- To Use– apply egg white on the face and let it dry for 10 minutes. Wash with normal water and pat dry. Apply moisturizer. Repeat this step 2-3 times in a week, and you will surely notice a difference in your skin.
- Baking soda- Baking soda works as a great exfoliate for the skin, and it also neutralizes the PH balance of the skin. Baking soda lightens the skin, and overtime removes blemishes completely.
- To Use- mix baking soda with olive oil or water and apply this paste on the blemishes. Let the paste sit on the face for at least 10 minutes. Wash it off while scrubbing in circular motions using normal water. Apply moisturizer on the face because baking soda tends to make the skin a little dry.
- Apple Cider Vinegar– Apple Cider Vinegar is a natural astringent. It cleanses the pores and also maintains a balance of the Skin PH level. It controls excess sebum production and also lightens the blemishes. This remedy will work on all type of skin blemishes and works great to remove blemishes fast.
- To Use- Make your natural face mist using water and apple vinegar. Mix apple cider vinegar and water and put it in a spray bottle. Spray it on the face and let it be.
- Potato Juice- Potato has natural bleaching enzymes. It helps in getting rid of blemishes naturally.
- To Use- extract the potato juice by grating it. Apply the juice using cotton on affected areas and let it sit on the face for 10-15 minutes. Rinse it off with cold water.
- Neem- Neem has anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. It prevents bacterial infections and keeps the pores clean and unclogged. Neem absorbs excess oil from the skin and prevents acne and other blemishes.
- To Use- Crush a handful of neem leaves and mixes it with 1 tbsp Honey. Apply the mixture on the entire face or affected area as preferred. Keep it on the face for about 15 minutes. Wash the face using normal water and pat dry.
- Turmeric- Turmeric is rich in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties. Turmeric has a phytochemical called Curcumin, this fades the dark spots, blemishes, and scars, and it also evens out the skin, revealing a clear complexion.
- To Use- make a paste of tbsp honey, ½ tbsp turmeric, and 1 tbsp lemon juice. Apply the paste of the entire face and keep it until it dries completely. Wash the face with warm and cold water. It is best to use this mask every three days and is the best home remedy to remove blemishes fast.
Read more: How to get rid of acne scars at home.