Ginger is one of the healthiest and commonly used spices in the world. Ginger is a rich source of antioxidants and has many good nutrients and bioactive compounds that have anti-inflammatory properties. Ginger has many health benefits and is beneficial for the body, skin, and brain. Eating ginger in the everyday diet will prove very beneficial to treat many health problems. Here are some of the common benefits and uses of ginger.
- Relieves Nausea– Ginger has many health benefits. One of them being fighting against nausea. Ginger is an effective home remedy to treat every kind of nausea and vomiting problem. Earlier people used ginger to treat seasickness. Ginger works great for relieving nausea and vomiting caused due to chemotherapy and surgery in cancer patients. Pregnant women suffer from morning sickness, and using ginger can relieve this problem. Pregnant women can consume around 1-1.5 grams of ginger to reduce the symptoms of morning sickness or any nausea.
- Treats muscle soreness- Ginger has innumerable uses. Ginger has shown effective results when used in treating muscle pain induced due to exercise. It may not show impact instantly but will reduce muscle soreness and pain as the day progresses. Ginger has anti-inflammatory properties that benefit in treating body pain. Eating 2 grams of ginger in your daily diet will benefit and show effective results in reduces the soreness.
- Prevents cardiovascular disease and diabetes- Ginger is known to benefits in reducing the risk of diabetes and cardiovascular diseases drastically. New researches have shown that ginger has anti-diabetic properties too. Eating 2 grams of ginger in any form every day is said to benefit in type 2 diabetic people and lowers blood sugar by around 12%. It has also shown dramatic improvement in HbA1c by around 10%. The major risk factor for heart diseases is ApoB and oxidized lipoproteins—ginger benefits by reducing both these major risk factors of cardiovascular disease.
- Contains medicinal properties- The medicinal use of ginger started way back in ancient times. Originated in China, ginger is a flowering plant. Ginger is closely related to turmeric and cardamom and belongs to the Zingiberaceae family. People use ginger for a variety of purposes like as a spice in food (commonly ginger root is used) and for medicinal purposes, etc. Ginger was used to treating digestive problems, nausea, common cold, and flu. You can use ginger in powdered form, fresh or dried, ginger oil, as a juice or ginger water. Ginger derives its flavor and fragrance from Gingerol. It has strong antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Effective in Osteoarthritis- Osteoarthritis is a common problem faced by people, especially in women. It leads to degenerating joints and causes stiffness and pain in joints. In an experiment done on 247 people, ginger minimized the joints pain in people who consumed it daily. Ginger, cinnamon, mastic, and sesame oil mixture when applied regularly on the affected area benefits in reducing joint stiffness and pain in Osteoarthritis patients.
- Relieves indigestion- One of the health benefits of ginger is the improved digestion problem. Using ginger for treating dyspepsia, a chronic indigestion problem shows effective results. Patients suffer from pain and discomfort in the upper stomach in this problem—one of the primary causes of delayed emptying. Ginger makes the bowel movement easy and thereby improving digestion. Consume ginger soup or eat ginger powder before meals to get the benefits and treating indigestion.
- Lowers Cholesterol levels- increased levels of bad cholesterol are the major risk factor of heart diseases. Not getting sufficient nutrients and eating proper food can cause a hike in LPD levels (the bad cholesterol). An experiment was done on 85 people to test the effects of ginger. People who consumed 3 grams of ginger powder showed a great reduction in LPD level and cholesterol. Ginger has amazing health benefits, and it is great for treating cholesterol problems and blood triglycerides.
- Fights infection- Ginger is a common spice used in Asian foods and many other regions. Ginger contains a bioactive substance called Gingerol, which has anti-inflammatory properties. Gingerol prevents infections and inflammation in the body. Ginger extract can stop the growth of bacteria and will benefit a lot in fighting against oral infections such as gums and teeth. Some common oral inflammations are Periodontitis and gingivitis. Fresh ginger benefit in fighting RSV virus, a virus which causes respiratory infections.
- Prevents cancer- Cancer is becoming a widespread disease and is caused due to uncontrolled growth of some abnormal disease. Researchers have studied the benefits of ginger for the treatment of various cancer. 6-gingerol compound found in ginger is the source of anti-cancer properties. It is found in large amounts in raw uncooked ginger.
Read More:- Health Benefits Of Mustard Seeds For Body And Skin