How to tell if cannabis seeds are good or bad: To check whether the cannabis seeds are good or bad, you can determine through your senses of feel, smell, sight, and taste. Before doing this, ensure the seeds have not been damaged or hastily processed for other reasons. You can use some senses while investing if you have buds or winners, whether the seeds will sprout or remain dormant permanently.
There are some tests that you should look out for:
By using a magnifying glass, you conclude some points:
- The best cannabis seeds are fat and big with a round shape.
- The fatter and rounder the seed, the better that they will sprout out
- The surface of the seed should be hard and glossy with a mild sheen.
- The good seeds are black, grey, and brown. If the seed color is white, light, or pale green, it means that they are immature and harvested too early, and unlikely to sprout.
- Dusty and pale seeds are old, and they will germinate slowly.
- Darker the color of the seed means better the quality of weed, and more likely, they will produce more weed.
- If the color of the seed is deep purplish or too dark, that means the seeds are not good and dyed.
- If you see dusty white powder, beware of that, that is powdery mildew-fungus.
To determine whether they own good cannabis seeds is whether the seeds have lighter stripes. The healthy cannabis seeds have a tiger stripe appearance or distinctive color pattern and resemble lightning. The good cannabis seeds are dark with lighter stripes and black or brown spots.
By using a magnifying glass, look at the stem, if the stem is furry, it was probably bagged too early, and there is mold from the huge moisture. There are several seeds, and bruce banner seeds are the ones that will help you in the long run.
On the other hand, you can not judge the quality of color by its appearance or color alone. It may look fantastic from the outside, but you need to know what is inside the seed. There are certain types of seeds from inside:
- If you open the seed and looks oily with a musty taste; it is a bad seed.
- If it appears black from the inside, it means it is fermenting and would not germinate.
- If the seed crushes in your hand and smells like salt, it means the seed is unflushed.
- If the bud is flushed, it means that the roots are absorbing nutrients and salt.
You can separate the good and bad seeds using the magnifying glass technique. We have some methods: How To Tell If Cannabis Seeds Are Good Or Bad?
The Float Test: To tell if cannabis seeds are good or bad
Applying the floating test method will sink the good quality seeds. But before using this technique, note that you should do this only when the seeds are ready to germinate. For this, put the seeds in a cup of distilled warm water for at least two hours.
If the seeds sink, they are good seeds; if they float on the surface of the water, they are premature and probably would not grow and are unusable. If the seeds are healthy, they are heavy enough to sink.
If you have the fully-mature cannabis seeds with a growth rate of 85% and you are sure that the seeds you have are of good quality and are not immature or damaged by the effect of the environment and still asking: How To Tell If Cannabis Seeds Are Good Or Bad and How to get a good yield? Then try germinating them.
The Touch Test: To tell if cannabis seeds are good or bad
Squeeze the seed lightly without crushing it. The following can be the results.
- If you can crush it easily, then it will not grow well.
- If the seed has a small hole or crack, the seed will not probably sprout.
- If the seed does not crack, then it is intact.
- If the seed holds up in the feel test, it will surely survive the germination process.
By Growing Seeds: To tell if cannabis seeds are good or bad
It is the last method to answer: How To Tell If Cannabis Seeds Are Good Or Bad? Just plant the seeds and see if they grow. The ideal temperature to maintain is 75 degrees. The good seed will start growing in 3-7 days. And if someone does not want to plant them, you can use the paper towel method. For this, put the seeds in a damp paper towel between 2 plates, maintain the high humidity, and then wait for 2-3 days.
Some Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
How long do you soak seeds in the water?
Do the seeds sink to the bottom of the pot before you transfer them to a moist paper towel? If you leave seeds in water for too long, taproot will not form, and the germination process will not occur. Seeds floating on the water’s surface are unlikely to absorb sufficient water to germinate successfully.
Why have your Cannabis Seeds not germinated?
Unlucky and unfortunately, if all your cannabis seeds are not germinated, there can be any reason. Keep in mind that germination is not only about cracking seeds and appearing taproot. It is also about changing the seed into a viable but small cannabis plant. If this condition appears, try the process again.
What do weed seeds look like?
What do the marijuana seeds look like: Marijuana seeds are whitish-brown and always have small black spots. Although there are many types of strains on the seeds, you can tell the sex or genetic features of the plant just by looking at the cannabis seeds. Usually, the cannabis seeds range from 2-5mm.
How long do the Marijuana seeds last?
If the marijuana seeds are kept in a cold and dark place, you can use them within 16 months. And if you want to use them after 16 months, you should keep the seeds in the freezer.
However, some people suggest that the marijuana seeds; last longer in the refrigerator or cool and dark places.
Can you tell strain by seed?
Yes, you can tell the strain by seed, like some seeds of marijuana have tiger stripes. Other seeds have homogeneous surface coloration. The appearance and color of the seed do not indicate the quality of the seed. Read the complete article: How To Tell If Cannabis Seeds Are Good Or Bad?
In this article, we have discussed: How To Tell If Cannabis Seeds Are Good Or Bad? We have gone through four different methods to determine the quality of seeds. Also, we have answered some questions like: How long do you soak seeds in the water? What do weed seeds look like? Can you tell strain by seed? How long do the Marijuana seeds last? Why have your Cannabis Seeds not germinated?
We hope you like the information given in the article.