According to Wikipedia, “A fish is any member of a paraphyletic group of organisms that consist of all gill-bearing aquatic craniate animals that lack limbs with digits.”
Fish is the main source of protein and we all know that too. Overall, about one-sixth of the total world’s protein is estimated to be delivered by the fish.
Benefits of eating fish: Fish is one eatable which is really nutritious. It contains very rich amount of vitamins, mineral and proteins. Fish is essential to maintain good health.
There are broadly three categories of fish available in the market:
- OILY FISH: Fillets contain 30% of oil. Oily fish can be contrasted with white fish. Some of the oily fishes are Salmon, Mackerel, Fresh tuna, Sardines and Herring.
- WHITE FISH: It is mostly found in “Canada”. It is referred to as “humpback”. Some of the white fishes are Cod, Plaice, Whiting, Haddock, Sole and Hack.
- SHELLFISH: It is mainly available in salt water. Some of the shellfishes are Crabs, Mussels, Oysters, Lobster and Prawns.
Oily fish is a rich source of Vitamin A, D and E. Fish contains Omega-3 Fat which is essential for a good heart, eyes and nervous system.
EAT FISH IN A WEEK: You must have two portions of fish in a week and at least one portion of oily fish to get the essential nutrients and proteins.
WAYS TO BUY YOUR FISH:
FRESH: You can buy fresh fish for more flavors. You should keep it in mind that fish you are going to eat should be fresh and clean properly.
FROZEN: You can also opt for a frozen fish. Frozen fish contains the same nutrients as a fresh fish. Basically, the fish is frozen and wrapped in plastic bags so that the proteins and the nutrients won’t fade away.
SOME QUICK AND EASY FISH RECIPES:
2 teaspoons whole-grain mustard
1 teaspoon honey
¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
¼ teaspoon ground red pepper
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon salt
4 (6-ounch) salmon fillets
PREPARATIONS: Combine the first 6 ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix it well. Now rub this on the salmon fillets. Now, place fillets in a pan coated with cooking spray. Cook fish until it flakes easily.
WAY TO SERVE: Simply serve it with garlic, salt and pepper to get the perfect flavor.
- SESAME TUNA WITH SPICY SLAW: You can bind this dish with rice to bring out the more delicious flavor.
1 tbsp sesame oil
4 (6-ounce) of tuna steaks
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tsp black pepper
1 tsp sesame seeds
2 tbsp water
2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp any hot chilly sauce
¾ tsp fish sauce
½ tsp rice vinegar
½ tsp ginger
4 cup packaged hair slaw
2 tbsp green onions
Heat some oil in a non-stick pan over low flame. Mix fish with soy sauce, add pepper and sesame seeds over the fish. Roast the fish in a pan until it flakes easily. Now, combine water and the rest 5 ingredients in a bowl. Mix slaw and onions in a bowl. Toss it well and serve.
- FISH TACOS WITH CABBAGE SLAW:
4 cup thinly chopped cabbage
1 cup chopped tomato
1/3 cup sliced chopped green onion
¼ cup chopped cilantro
2 tbsp lemon juice
5 tsp extra virgin olive oil
½ tbsp oil
1 pound tilapia fillets
1 tsp chilly powder
8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
Combine first four ingredients in a bowl. Now, add lemon juice, oil and 14 tbsp. of salt and toss it well.
Now, add some oil in a pan on a medium flame. Add fish to flame and spread chilly powder and other to it and cook it for at least 3 minutes. Meanwhile, you can check if the fish is cooked properly or not. Now, remove the pan from the heat and cut the fishes into pieces.
The next step is to warm tortillas according to the directions written on it. Now, add 1 tbsp. of cabbage in the center of tortillas and add a piece of fish on it. Then fold it and you are ready to go.
TIP: You can serve it as a side dish on your Dinner or Lunch table.
LET’S DISCUSS SOME BAKED FISH DISHES:
- GINGERY SALMON WITH PEACHES:
1 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tbsp grated ginger
1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper
Red onion in pieces
Peaches also in pieces
6-ounch salmon steaks
- Heat grill to medium flame. In a bowl, combine ginger, thyme, vinegar, 3 tbsp oil and ¼ tbsp of salt and pepper and place it aside.
- Now add onion, peaches, 1tbsp oil, salt and pepper according to taste.
- Season the Salmon with salt and pepper.
- Grill the onion and salmon for 5-6 minutes per side.
- After it grills, peaches it each side for 2-3 minutes.
- Drizzle the selmon with vinegar and serve it with onion and peaches.
- GRILLED SHRIMP TACOS:
½ cup sour soup
3 tbsp mayonnaise
3 tbsp milk
½ tsp cumic
Large shrimp peeled
3 tbsp melted butter
2 large garlic cloves
4 lime pieces
6 inch corn tortillas
3 cups cabbage
- Heat grill on a low flame. Add sour cream, mayonnaise, milk and cumic and set aside.
- Skewer the shrimp (if you use wood shrimp, soak it in water for 10 minutes). Combine butter and garlic in a bowl and burst the shrimp.
- Place the shrimp on grill and cook it for 3-4 minutes till the lemon becomes brown.
- Remove shrimp from heat and add salt to it.
- Grill the tortillas and cook it for 30 seconds and keep it in a bag to keep it warm.
- Place the shrimp and divide it in equal portions on tortillas. Serve it with cabbage, sour cream sauce, tomatilla sauce and grilled lime over it.
- SALMON KEBABS WITH CILANTRO SAUCE:
11/2 pound skinless salmon fillet
Salt and pepper
¼ cup olive oil
¼ cup chopped cilantro
2 tbsp chopped toasted pine nuts
2 tsp lemon zest
4 pieces lavash bread
- Heat grill on a medium flame. Thread salmon onto skewers and season it with salt and pepper.
- Grill salmon for 5 to 6 minutes.
- In a bowl, add olive oil, cilantro, pine nuts, and lemon zest. Serve it with salmon and lavash bread.
- GRILLED SHRIMP PANZANELLA WITH BASIL:
4 tbsp olive oil
11/2 peeled and raw shrimp
1 tsp lemon zest
2 tbsp lemon juice
Salt and black pepper
1 small baguette
2 cup basil leaves
- Heat the grill on low flame and grease it with some oil.
- Toss the shrimp with lemon zest, 1tbsp oil, salt and pepper according to your taste. Brush the baguette with oil.
- Grill the baguette and shrimp until it becomes golden brown.
- In a separate bowl, toss shrimp, baguette, tomatoes, basil leaves with lemon juice, oil, salt and pepper.
LET’S DISCUSS SOME EASY BAKED FISH DISHES:
- FISH FILLETS: If you want to try some easy baked fish dishes than you must try this.
1 ½ pounds white fish fillets
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp mayonnaise
1/8 tsp onion powder
1/8 tsp black pepper
½ cup fresh bread crumbs
1 ½ cup melted butter
2 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- Pre heat oven to 425 degree. Now place fish in an oven by rubbing cooking oil on it.
- Combine lime juice, mayonnaise, onion powder, and pepper in a small bowl and spread it on the fish.
- Now, bake the fish for about 20 minutes until it flakes.
- SIMPLE BAKED FISH:
1 1/2 lb tilapia fillets
4 tbsp butter melted
2 tsp lime juice
1-2 garlic clove
1 tbsp sugar
½ tsp pepper
½ tsp thyme
1 tbsp chopped parsley
½ cup bread crums
- Pre heat the oven at 425 degree and grease the baking tray with oil or spread some cooking oil on it.
- Raines fish fillets and pet them dry. Set it on baking tray.
- Mix all the ingredients in a mixing bowl except the bread crumbs.
- Now, spread all the mixture on the fish and spread bread crumbs at last.
- At last, bake the fish for about 20 minutes.
So, at the end, we would conclude by saying that it is your choice to try any of the above described recipes but do make sure to choose the fish from the right market and at the right state of freshness. Health is the utmost priority for everyone so do make sure of it. Take Care and have a happy fish eating!