Furnaces are critical pieces of equipment for homes. During the winter months, having a working furnace ensures warmth and security. Unfortunately, furnaces do not last forever and can break down well before the end of their expected lifespan. Securing a furnace with a home warranty offers peace of mind for homeowners.
What Is a Heating System Home Warranty?
Because furnaces can break down without warning, many homeowners rely on heating system home warranties to ensure the protection of every component. Seeking warranty coverage for your furnace ensures all essential components receive coverage in cases of breakdowns that require repairs. Some of the areas of coverage include the following.
- Air duct system
- Air handlers
- HVAC systems
When breakdowns occur in the middle of winter, homeowners start to panic. Instead of panicking, covered homeowners inform their warranty provider, and the provider connects them with a qualified repair technician in the area. The homeowner pays a small service fee, and the technician carries out the repairs or replacement according to the needs of the homeowner.
Does a Heating System Home Warranty Cover Older Furnaces?
Many homeowners mistakenly believe home warranty plans only cover new furnaces, but this is incorrect. A heating system home warranty covers furnaces of any age. Homeowners can also seek coverage for any brand or type of heating system.
Furnace Maintenance Tips
There are a few maintenance tasks homeowners can do to keep their systems operating smoothly in addition to purchasing a heating system home warranty. The following tips should assist homeowners in keeping their furnaces maintained.
- Changing the filters regularly is essential. The filter allows the unit to circulate air properly. Dirty filters clog the system and prevent it from operating as it should. Ideally, homeowners should change their filters at least every thirty days.
- To prevent heating systems from working overtime, homeowners are encouraged to winterize their homes. Seal all windows and doors to prevent drafts. Heat can escape through the most minute of cracks and cause heating bills to skyrocket.
- Homeowners should also seek annual tune-ups for their heating systems. Tune-up appointments allow technicians to check every aspect of the system to ensure it is operational and safe.
How to Select a Home Warranty Company
Once homeowners decide on purchasing heating system home warranty coverage, they must find the right company. Not all companies provide the same level of service. Consider the following factors before choosing a provider.
- Find a company that offers 24/7 customer service. Heating systems can break down in the middle of the night, and homeowners will need a number to contact customer service.
- Companies that offer apps for easy claim filing make the process of seeking repairs less stressful for homeowners.
- Check consumer rating sites like the Better Business Bureau, and read customer reviews before deciding on a company.
- Gather quotes from multiple companies and compare coverages and costs.
- Read the fine print. Many people make the mistake of not reading the policy exclusions and may find themselves in for a rude awakening when it comes time to file a claim. Know what the policy covers and what isn’t covered.
Learn More Today
Homeowners interested in protecting their home systems should consider a home warranty. Home warranties are affordable and offer great peace of mind. Now is the time to learn more about this coverage and how it offers extensive protection for your home.