This post is based on the 5 effective and natural home remedies to get rid of freckles and what are the causes of freckles on face.
You may have noticed small and light brown color circular spots on the face, neck, and arms. These are not acne marks or moles, and these spots are called freckles. There might be several reasons for the cause of freckles, but one primary cause is due to sun exposure. Freckles are not harmful to the skin but protecting the skin from direct sun exposure. However, freckles may dull the beauty of your skin and remove the glow from the face.
What are the causes of Freckles on Face? How does it occur on our skin? Let’s see how does it cause:
The development of freckles on the skin is due to the exposure of skin into the sunlight and sometimes possibly a genetic predisposition that develop freckles disposition.
When our skin gets exposed to UV radiation coming from the Sun, the skin produces melanin to protect the skin. Because of this melanin production, over-deposition of melanin leads to spots on face, cause freckles. Freckles mostly appear on people who have fair skin, light-colored eyes, and blonde or red color hair.
You may find several treatment options that help to diminish or remove the melanin spots or freckles that include treatment from skin-lightening cream, chemical peels, and lasers. These all treatments need money to spend and are also not entirely safe.
What if one can use home remedies to remove freckles. Thus, we have created five easy and simple home remedies to get rid of freckles and get naturally clearer skin.
There are various ways to lighten the freckles or melanin spots naturally from the skin at home by using some effective home remedies.
5 Effective Home Remedies to Get Rid of Freckles:-
- Lemon Juice For Freckles: Lemon is a vitamin c rich natural home remedy that is potent to remove freckles spots effectively within two days of use. Vitamin C is known for its photoprotective and anti-pigmentary properties that vigorous to protect skin from harmful rays of Sun. Vitamin C reduces the production of melanin, thus decrease the pigmentation from the skin.
- Take a half Lemon and Squeeze juice in a small glass bowl.
- Use a cotton pad, apply the juice on affected areas
- Leave it for 15-20 minutes on the skin and then rinse it off with tap water.
Apply this remedy two times a week. Be cautious before applying the lemon juice if you have sensitive skin.
- Turmeric On Freckles: Turmeric contains curcumin component that prevents melanogenesis. It means that it works towards reducing the deposition of melanin from the skin and make skin clearer and brighter.
- Take half a teaspoon of turmeric powder and one teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Make a paste of turmeric powder & one spoon lemon juice.
- Apply the paste on affected areas, and keep it for 10 minutes, rinse thoroughly with lukewarm water.
Apply this remedy once in a week for two months.
- Banana Peel on Freckles: This is a very useful freckle removing remedy. Banana peel exhibits bioactive compounds that prevent melanogenesis, make skin clearer, and reduce freckles.
- Take a peel of ripe banana and rub it on the freckles affected areas.
- Leave it on the skin for 20 minutes.
- Rinse it off with tap water.
Apply it once time every day or before going to bed in the night
- Kiwi and Strawberry Paste on Freckles: Kiwi contains flavonoids such as quercetin that may prevent tyrosinase activity. This helps in the reduction of any skin pigmentation and repair skin from inside. Strawberry is rich in antioxidants, thus improve the skin texture and make skin clearer and glowy.
- Take one kiwi and 2 to 3 strawberries.
- Blend both fruits and make a thick paste of them.
- Apply thoroughly on the entire face
- Leave it for 20 minutes and then rinse it off with tap water
Apply this remedy two times a week for a month, and you will notice a visible change on the skin.
- Honey & Lemon Mask for Freckles: Honey contains compounds like flavonoid and phenolic that prevent tyrosinase activity. Honey helps in controlling the excess production of melanin in the skin, which ultimately reduces the freckles to occur on the skin.
- Take one spoon of honey and one spoon of lemon juice.
- Make a thick paste of lemon and honey
- Apply the paste on the affected area
- Leave the mask for 20 minutes and wash it off with tap water
We hope these home remedies works effectively on freckles and completely remove them from skin. These home remedies also nourishes your skin and make it glowy and radiant from inside.