KILLER NETWORK SERVICE – The background-running Killer Network Service, sometimes known as KNS, is most frequently seen in gaming laptops. It has numerous performance problems and is not a Windows application. As a result, the PC runs slower and performs worse as a whole. The game experience is improved by Killer Network Service. However, occasionally you could experience problems with the Killer Network CPU and the Service, which could result in excessive CPU utilization problems.
You can experience problems like PC latency, recurrent frame drops when playing games, and other similar ones if your Killer Network Service has been causing high CPU consumption. How to reduce high CPU utilization brought on by the Killer Network Service is covered in this article.
In this article, you will be reading about ” KILLER NETWORK SERVICE ” .
A virus, is Killer Network Service?
Killer Network Service was a background programme rather than a virus, as you are aware. However, malware would frequently pose as the KNS to get to every service’s location and path on the computer; the virus would not, however, be in the same place. Follow the instructions below to determine whether the KNS service in the machine you’re using is infected with malware.
- By hitting Windows + E on your computer, you can launch File Explorer.
- Navigate to C: Program FilesKillerNetworkingKillerControlCenter from here.
Note: Users without Killer Network Service will not be able to use the provided path.
- Now select Properties from the context menu of the right-clicked KNS executable file.
- Check to see if the Killer Network Service path is the same as the one shown above or not.
- Killer Network service cannot be a virus if it’s not the same. If it is distinct, though, it is malware.
Fix the Killer Network Service’s high CPU utilization.
Therefore, the procedures listed below can help you resolve the problem of Killer Network Service’s high CPU utilization.
Put an end to Killer Network Service
KNS manages a large number of processes, some of which may occasionally be incompatible and result in severe CPU issues. Now, follow these instructions and defeat Killer Network Service from exploiting your CPU:
- Search for “service” in the Start Menu, then press Enter.
- Scroll down and you’ll see Killer Network Service.
- To stop the service, double-click KNS and then press the Stop button.
Try executing DISM when you have been treated as having this problem. To do so, adhere to the instructions below:
- Search for CMD by pressing the Windows + S key combination. Click on Command Prompt with the right mouse button, and then from the pop-up menu, select Run As Administrator.
- To begin the process, type DISM.exe/Online/cleanup-image/restore health into the Command Prompt and hit Enter.
Your system will be automatically repaired by this command, and no important data will be lost in the process. In order to resolve the excessive CPU consumption issue in the Killer Network Service, follow these steps. You can try different approaches if this one doesn’t work.
Through the use of the Resource Monitor
The Resource Monitor command’s primary purpose is to find system problems. You can resolve a number of problems with this command, including high CPU utilization brought on by Killer NetworkService. To do so, adhere to the instructions below:
- To open the Run Dialogue Box, press Windows + R.
- Enter “resmon” there now, and then click “OK.”
- Look for Killer Network Service in the Resource Monitor window. Click the End Process option when using the right-click menu.
Through Killer Network Service Removal
Another solution to the Killer Network Service’s excessive CPU utilization is to uninstall it. This service has little to no impact on your operations because it is not a Windows service. To uninstall this service, adhere to the instructions given.
- To open Control Panel, press the Windows key, type “Control Panel,” and select the first result
- .After that, select Uninstall a programme from the Programmes area. Click Uninstall after selecting Killer Network Manager Suite.
- To uninstall the programme, adhere to the instructions on-screen.
- Remove the Killer Wireless Drivers in a similar manner.
Make the change to high performance
Altering your power provider can also assist in resolving the excessive CPU utilization problem. Change your authority settings by adhering to the directions provided.
- Start your computer’s Control Panel.
- Click on Power Options after conducting a search for it here.
- Choose High Performance here.
- Your problem should most likely be resolved by doing this.
Reinstall and reset Windows
You can attempt a Windows reset if the problem persists. You shouldn’t experience any problems after resetting the Windows computer because all the settings will be cleared. You may reset a Windows computer by using our instructions. Instead of resetting Windows, you might choose to reinstall it.
We addressed Killer Network Service in this article and offered solutions to its high CPU utilization. These troubleshooting procedures should most likely resolve the problem. Resetting Windows 11 to the manufacturing facility settings would undoubtedly assist if none of the other solutions works.
In conclusion, the article has attempted to give you information about “KILLER NETWORK SERVICE ”. I hope the language in this post is clear and understandable.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1) Is it necessary to have Killer Network Service running?
Ans. In contrast to many background operations, the Killers Network Service is not necessary. Since it is not a part of the computer’s operating system or any security software, it is safe to manually disable it.
Q2) Can Killer Network be turned off?
Ans. Right-click on Killer Network Service and select Properties. Killer Network Service Information (Local Computer) will then appear. The startup type is stated in the centre. Disabled can be chosen by clicking the menu.