Earlier people titled fatty foods as the devil foods which cause obesity and sickness. Times are changing, and people have realized that Healthy High-fat foods should not be avoided. Instead, people should stop consuming processed foods with high sugar content. Foods high in fat and protein content have various health benefits and reduces the risk of obesity. Here is a list of 9 healthy foods high in good fat and their amazing health benefits.
- Avocados- Avocados tops our list of healthy high-fat foods. Avocados are rich in Oleic acid, a monounsaturated fatty acid, which has many health benefits. It has 77% of calories. This is also found in Olive Oil and has many health benefits. Oleic acid has anti-inflammatory properties and also helps in preventing cancer. Avocados are also one of the best potassium and fiber sources and contain 40% more potassium than bananas. They can reduce LDL cholesterol and triglycerides and increases HDL cholesterol. Avocados, being a food high in good fat, reduce belly fat and improves cardiovascular health in people who consume it regularly.
- Dark Chocolates- Dark chocolates being a high-fat food is rich in antioxidants and nutrients, which improves body health. Dark chocolates contain 65% fat calories. Dark chocolate is one high-fat healthy food that tastes amazing. It contains 50% of the iron, copper, magnesium, and manganese RDA. Make sure to buy dark chocolate with 70% cocoa. Dark chocolate contains calcium, flavonoid antioxidants, and potassium along with healthy fats. It is proved to improve cardiovascular health, lowers blood pressure, and improves brain function. Dark chocolate also reduced bad cholesterol level in the body.
- Yogurt- Full-fat yogurt good nutrients and healthy Probiotic bacteria which improves the gut health, and prevents heart diseases. Yogurt is also known to reduce obesity and increase weight loss. Yogurt is healthy high-fat food. Choose unflavored or Greek yogurt, which does not contain added sugar. Research shows that consuming yogurt regularly lowers the risk of high blood pressure.
- Tofu- Tofu is a healthy high in good fat and protein food. Tofu is a plant-based protein and is a rich source of polyunsaturated fats and monounsaturated fats. Tofu is also a good source of calcium. Replace red meat meals with Tofu to reduce saturated fats consumption.
- Olive Oil- olive oil has to be included in a healthy high-fat foods list. Extra virgin olive oil is one food that is high in good fats. Mediterranean diet includes olive oil in almost all of its dishes. Olive oil has many health benefits. It is loaded with antioxidants, Vitamin E, and K. It helps in preventing inflammation, reduce blood pressure and risk of heart diseases, and improves cholesterol makers. Extra virgin olive is the king of all healthy fats and oils. Being full of monounsaturated fats reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease. Use olive oil dressings on salad and while cooking food.
- Olives- Olive is a staple in a Mediterranean diet. Black olives are healthy high fat food and are also rich in monounsaturated fats and fiber. Olives contain a compound called Oleuropein, which prevents Diabetes by secreting more insulin. Eat them as a snack or mix them with pasta and on top of the pizza.
- Flaxseeds- One more food high in good fat are Flaxseeds. Flaxseeds contain omega-3 fatty acids and a good amount of fiber. The fiber content in Flaxseeds reduces cholesterol levels and increases the feeling of fullness. A plant compound called Lignans is found in Flaxseeds, which has antioxidants and Estrogen effects.
- Fatty Fish- Fatty fish is one animal-derived food that is high in good fats and protein. Fishes like trout, salmon, sardines, mackerel, and herring are some of the healthy fatty fishes. All these fishes have a high content of omega 3 fatty acids, and good quality proteins and nutrients. Research proves that fatty fishes lower the risk of cardiovascular diseases, dementia, depression, and many others. If you don’t want to consume Fish, you can also take fish oil supplements. One of the best is Cod fish liver oil, which has plenty of Omega-3s and Vitamin D.
- Cheese- Cheese is a very healthy and nutritious dairy product. Cheese is healthy food high in good fat and protein. Cheese is a good source of Vitamin B12, calcium, selenium, and phosphorus, along with other healthy nutrients. One slice of cheese contains almost 7 grams of proteins. Just like other high-fat dairy foods, cheese also contains fatty acids, which has several benefits, one of them being minimizing the risk of Diabetes.
Read More:- Learn about the healthy foods that never perish.