Radahn Festival – Radahn, who spreads darkness, is the main enemy in the Redmane Castle Legacy Dungeon. He’s a significant boss in the main story, and players need to beat him to access the underground areas of the Lands Between.
But, you can only fight General Radahn once a year, during the Radahn Festival.
Also, the festival doesn’t begin on its own. You must do certain things in the game to open up this part. How can you start the Radahn Festival in Elden Ring? This article explains how to start radahn festival and confront the General of the Red Castle.
How to start radahn festival?:
The Radahn Festival is a yearly party where heroes from the game world come together to fight against Starscourge Radahn. Before the festival begins, you can go to Redmane Castle, beat an optional boss, some Banished Knights, and find the good stuff.
In the same way, during the festival, you’ll see kind characters and brave heroes getting ready to fight the Red General of Elden Ring.
But, the boss’s arena entrance is closed until the festival starts.
You can make the portal work in two different ways. One way is to go through the Altus Plateau. The other way is to talk to Ranni, the Witch, to make it open.
Here’s everything you should understand about beginning the Radahn Festival:
The Simple Altus Plateau Way:
This approach is the easiest method to get to Redmane Castle and begin the festival.
- Start at the Bellum Church Site of Grace in Liurnia.
- Head north until you reach the mouth of a gorge.
- Follow the path through the gorge until you reach the Ruin-Strewn Precipice.
- Climb the cliff to the top.
- At the top, you will find a Site of Grace.
- From there, continue on to Altus Plateau.
Ranni’s Questline Way:
Another way to begin the Radahn Festival is through Ranni’s questline. It’s a good idea to go through both paths and defeat Radahn first to get extra stuff in the game.
When you beat this boss, you’ll open a special doorway to the Underground cities (significant for Ranni’s quest).
- Meet Ranni at the Church of Elleh tonight if you haven’t already. She will give you the Spirit Calling Bell.
- Defeat Royal Knight Loretta, the boss of Caria Manor. This will open up the Three Sisters area.
- Go to Ranni’s Rise, the westernmost tower in the Three Sisters area.
- Talk to Ranni and agree to serve her.
- She will give you the Fingerslayer Blade.
- Take the Fingerslayer Blade to Nokron, Eternal City. You can get to Nokron by defeating Radahn, the boss of Caelid.
- In Nokron, find the coffin hidden in the Siofra River Well. This will take you to the Rennala boss fight.
- Defeat Rennala and get the Dark Moon Ring.
- Return to Ranni and give her the Dark Moon Ring.
- She will give you the Miniature Ranni doll.
- Use the Miniature Ranni doll to speak to Ranni at various locations.
- Eventually, Ranni will ask you to defeat Astel, Naturalborn of the Void.
- Defeat Astel and return to Ranni.
- She will give you the Age of Stars ending.
How to find Starscourge Radahn?
Starscourge Radahn is a Shardbearer in Elden Ring and can be found in Redmane Castle in Caelid. To fight him, you must first start the Radahn Festival. There are two ways to do this:
Progress Ranni’s questline. Once you have defeated Royal Knight Loretta at Caria Manor, you can progress Ranni’s questline. At some point, she will ask you to meet her at Redmane Castle. When you arrive, the Radahn Festival will have already begun.
Rest at a Site of Grace in Altus Plateau. If you have defeated Godrick the Grafted and Rennala, Queen of the Full Moon, you can rest at any Site of Grace in Altus Plateau. This will trigger the Radahn Festival to begin.
Beating the Starscourge Radahn is a big part of finishing the main story in Elden Ring. But, you can only battle the Red General during the Radahn Festival.
The catch is, you need to do a few important things to get this festival going. So, this guide gives you all the methods to begin the Radahn Festival in Elden Ring.
What is the Radahn Festival?
The Radahn Festival is a recurring event in the Lands Between held in honour of the demigod Radahn. His men in Castle Redmane host the festival and feature a giant battle royale between Radahn and all comers.
Why does Radahn have a festival?
The Radahn Festival is held to celebrate Radahn’s last battle and his death. Radahn was a powerful demigod known for his strength and prowess in battle. He died fighting the Starscourge, a group of meteors sent by the Greater Will. The festival is a way for his men to remember his legacy and to celebrate his strength.